I get a lot of questions on how to pack for Bali.
Many people travel from the around the world to get to Bali, so it’s a great question.
Moreover, what if you’re an internet entrepreneur, or someone who works online? This should give you some insight….
This is what I packed for this trip:
- Laptop (pictured is my rental because my 15′ Macbook Pro broke down) Make sure to get travel insurance to cover electronics, this could’ve saved me over $1,500
- Iphone 6+ (being used to take picture) I used to carry a SLR camera. There’s no point now, camera phones are much better for portability and picture quality is great.
- Blender (Nurti-Bullet) I didn’t use this once because my blades got flagged at airport security. You can get green smoothies for about $2 at restaurants.
- Knee brace – I brought this for kite-boarding
- Stand up desk (by Ninja) – I didn’t use the standup desk once…I always worked at cafe’s and co-working spaces
- Stand up seat (by Mogo)
- Travel luggage (Eagle Creek) – I don’t like big backpacks. This rolling bag is so much easier an Eagle Creek has lifetime guarantees.
- North face jacket – I didn’t wear a jacket once.
- Travel clothes compactor (Eagle Creek) – This is awesome, it packs the clothes very compact.
- Portable harddrive – Essential.
- DJ cable (Griffen) – For those pool parties your wanna throw 🙂
- Noise canceling head phones (Klipsch) – Awesome, water resistant, and I love the noise cancelling.
- Sunglasses (Oakley) – Great for on the scooter.
- Travel plug converter – You can get them in Bali for about .50.
- Wireless keyboard and trackpad (Apple) – Hardly used because I didn’t use my standup desk.
- Eagle Creek pack
- Notepad (Moleskine/Mont Blanc)
- Selfie stick – Used a couple times only.
- Shoes (Dress, Vibrams, Native) – Vibrams are amazing, I brought flip flops last time but these are far superior. I didn’t use my dress vans once…just Vibrams and Native shoes.
- Shorts (3 casual, 1 swimming, 1 workout)
- Jeans (1) – I wore these once maybe.
- Tank-tops (3 casual, 1 workout)
- T-shirts (5 casual) -Icebreaker is awesome, perfect for all weather conditions.
- Underwear (4) – Icebreaker is awesome for these too, no odor, great for working out.
- Socks (3) – Didn’t wear these once aside from going to Singapore.
- Hat – It gets bright on the beach!
- Wrist sweat bands – Used for workouts and ecstatic dance.
- Travel towel – Great for going to beach.
What essentials would I pack next time?
- Laptop and case
- Iphone (See if there’s a wireless lapel to do videos)
- Travel luggage with day pack
- Travel packs (those one from Eagel Creek)
- 3 Casual Shorts
- 4 Tank Tops
- 4 T-Shirts (More Icebreaker)
- 3 Underwear (All Icebreaker)
- 1 Socks (Icebreaker)
- Travel towel
- Shoes (Vibram, Vans, maybe thin flip flops)
- DJ cable
- Insurance for electronics 🙂
Remember, travel as light as possible. Look at what you pack and ask yourself if it’s essential. You can always by stuff here in Bali, but stuff like electronics and name brand clothes are harder to come by, or have premium pricing.
Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
Do you have a must-have that’s not on that list? Please share in the comments!